Saturday, April 24, 2010

Week 4 # 9 Merlin and RSS feeders that don't work

Merlin is a good resource for librarian development. When looking at the training calendar I saw that other library systems offer training. I wish that Montgomery County would look into becoming more of a leader in library services and training then looking around at other systems to see what they are doing. I think we have good talent here and we don’t always use it.

Two of the links for RSS feeds don’t work. They are Feedster and Syndic8. I thought it was funny that there is a website called “Didn’t Someone Tell Them Feedster was Dead.” I thought that the Tehnorati was helpful. I could see my husband who is into tech stuff really liking this RSS feed.

I started to adjust my RSS feed and one of my co-workers suggested I look into google. I started to look at google reader which is easier because I have gmail and I can just log into my igoole account and that is one less password and username that I have to remember.

Gale

No comments:

Post a Comment