Tuesday, May 11, 2010

#16 Learn about wikis and discover some innovative ways that libraries are using them and 17 Add an entry into the Sandbox Wiki created with PB Wiki

Wiki and the Sandbox.

First I’m writing on blog for both entries because the sandbox doesn’t work. I’m going to write just a little about the sandbox. When sandbox didn’t work I searched for it on Google. Just a quick search and I came up with “litter box.” Ha!

Wikipedia, well I’m a fan. I do use Wikipedia on the reference desk from time to time. I only use it if I haven’t heard of a subject or I need to know spelling of name. It can be helpful. I would never give a Wikipedia entry to a patron because you really can’t trust the info.

MCPL is currently trying to develop a program Wiki for the children’s librarian, where children’s staff can plug in programming ideas for other staff to use. I can see where a wiki could be helpful but also I think it would take a lot of time to edit.

No comments:

Post a Comment